Thursday, July 12, 2012

#strugglefest

Hey guys!

So this week has been crazy stressful...eventful, but stressful.
But first, lets start with the positives! I started my photography class this week, and I absolutely love it! It's really helping me get to know my camera and understand everything it can do, which is awesome because I spent so much money on it and am now beginning to feel like it was definitely a terrific investment. We basically go around and take pictures for class every day, which I'm not complaining about.
I also got to see Bill Clinton speak! Any of my friends will know that I'm minorly obsessed with Bill so I was super excited when Morrgan got a few of us passes to go see him! It was an awesome lecture about Global Health, which is an area that I am slowly (but surely) gaining interest in. So that was great, too :)
Negatives: Yesterday my dog was super sick, like life-or-death sick. I don't remember the last time I felt so helpless and far away from my family. Part of me honestly felt kind of dumb feeling so upset and off my rocker about a dog, but he's our dog and he's got more personality than a lot of my friends do, to be honest. Anyways, he had a twisted stomach (which if any of you have seen Marley and Me...yeah),  and had to go into emergency surgery at two in the morning Chicago time, so 8.00 London time. I was so stressed out all moring, but everything went well and he's doing much better.
So, I thought my day had picked up. I'm going to Venice today and was getting excited for that, got to see Bill, went night-shooting with Lauren, the whole shebang... until my computer died. Yeap, in the middle of uploading pictures from my memoryc ard, my computer just up and shuts off out of nowhere and will no longer turn on, light up, nothing. So I'm computerless in London. I took it to the Apple store this morning and they said it could be one of two things, which basically translated to it could either cost me £30 or £600 to fix. If it's the £30, I will gladly do that...otherwise, no more computer for me.

Anyways, I'm headed to Venice today! Hopefully things will start to look up! I obviously cannot upload pictures right now as I am on a computer in the lab at Uni of Westminster, but the next chance I get I will do my best.  See you all soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment