Monday, July 23, 2012

So this is what summer feels like...

Hello all!

Sorry for the sporadic posting....life sans computer makes things difficult (#firstworldproblems).

Anyways, life has been busy! On Thursday and Friday Nate, Tracy and myself headed off to Paris via the eurostar chunnel. We left suuuuper early and it took us only 3 hours to travel, so we arrived by 9:30 Paris time! We essentially spent the day giving new definition to the word "wandering..." we walked from our hostel, to notre dame, then stumbled upon the Louvre (literally, we asked "what is this?"). We walked through the Louvre for a couple of hours, obviously hitting up the Mona Lisa (which, in my opinion, is vastly underwhelming), then went off to find lunch. We ate omelettes for lunch and continued our journey towards the eiffel tour by means of looking up, seeing it, and walking in that general direction. Anyways, we finally made it there and proceeded to die for a bit on the lawn. After that we made our way towards the Arc di Triumph (i may have spelt that wrong) and proceeded to go home to nap. All in all we estimated about 7.5 miles of walking!
That night we had dinner at a lovely little restaurant. When we got the bill we were VERY surprised at the large, three digit number we saw, but we laughed it off. Took a chunk out of my credit card bill. Oh well, story of my life.
The next day we set off to actually go up in the Eiffel tower. The line took about an hour and a half but the view from the top was worth it! It didn't bother my fear of heights as much as I thought it would, so that was pleasant. The rest of the day we did more wandering before heading to the train station for home.
Saturday we were supposed to go to Oxford and Cotwolds but I was far too exhausted to get up early, so Tracy and I headed to the imperial war museum, primark, and borough market for lunch. Twas a lovely day!
Sunday was ACTUALLY NICE OUTSIDE. So I went by my lonesome to Hyde park to lay out and read. Did that for a few hours and then ended up at Harrods to buy a souvinear (i know I butchered that one) for my mother. Today was basically the same and consisted of me going to Hyde park, this time laying out by the serpentine for a few hours. Never before have I been so thankful for sunburn. Also got to witness a drug bust. Never have I felt closer to home ;)

Anyways, I shall be home on Friday afternoon! I will be in Madison on Monday, Thursday, and Friday, so any of you who read this should definitely get excited! Yayyyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment