Thursday, June 14, 2012

Leaving!

For those of you who are obviously anxiously awaiting my first post from London....sorry, this ain't it.

I leave tomorrow! Actually, in precisely 20.5 hours I will be taking off in Chicago. I'm not entirely packed yet....but that's a minor detail and not what this post is about.
This is about the realization that I have the best friends in the world. Really, though. I mean, I've always known that I have awesome friends, but the past twenty-four hours has proved that even more to me. Last night, a good group of friends and myself went out in celebration of my last night in Madison. It was easily one of my favorite nights in Madison thus far, and it was such a random group of people from different parts of my life but they're all so awesome that it just worked perfectly. Each one of them said their own goodbye to me, too. It really meant the world to me, and I had the time of my life.
Today I got to say goodbye to those who weren't with me last night, and it made me realize once again that I am one of the luckiest girls in the world. While I get to experience going abroad without the terrifying feeling of leaving a boyfriend and/or significant other behind, and I really really really love that, I am really going to miss my friends. The fact that going away for seven weeks has brought each of them to be sure to say goodbye to me says so much.

Plus it was a really flipping fun night.

TOMORROW!




No comments:

Post a Comment