Monday, June 25, 2012




Hey everyone!!


Today is the first day since forever that I've just had free time to catch up with myself - do laundry, go grocery shopping, make myself dinner, go for a run....and it's been lovely! While I love doing all the touristy stuff, just being able to keep up with MY personal time is so fantastic.

Anyways, this weekend we went to Wales. It was so cool! We went inside castles and old, abandoned abbeys, as well as cave diving and staying in a hotel with a COMFORTABLE bed. I know, such a crazy thought! I'd have to say out of everything I've seen [new] thus far, Tinton Abbey has definitely been my favorite. It's just so gorgeous, plus I love churches, so it was just perfect! I went a little crazy taking pictures of it, and there's one below so you can check it out!

It was also suuuuper fun and exciting to go out there on Saturday night, who knew Wales could party - dare I say it - harder than Madison. I know, I know, you probably don't believe me, but I'm being serious. It was like nothing I've ever seen before. However, it didn't come soooome mishaps. My wallet was stolen, straight up out of my purse. I had a huuuuge panic attack (okay, maybe not, but inside I think I lost a good 15 years off my life), and immediately started cancelling my cards. However, while I was doing that, someone called the hotel I was staying at and said they had found my wallet on the street!! Nothing was missing, although apparently there was one fraudulent attempt on my debit. Anyways, with my sanity back in store, we went to bed and woke up to go home. Needless to say, it was one crazy night. My shoe got a hole in it, the button on my black jeans fell off, and my belt broke all in that weekend, too. Definitely a story for the ages.

Besides the weekend, everything's been going well. One problem though...I've been having a hard time NOT spending money. I know, none of you are shocked, at all, but it's really a problem here. It's hard to just go grocery shopping and make yourself food when everyone wants to go out all the time. Plus we hardly have any time just to relax and cook for ourselves, so we end up spending at least £5 on a meal...and that add's up quickly, at least £70 a week! So today I went ACTUAL grocery shopping, as in bread, biscuits (or crackers), crisps (chips), butter, cheese (brie and cheddar), and some soup, so I can make myself sandwiches, soup, snacks, etc. That way I will, hopefully, quit spending so much dang money.

I've also decided that I'm going to actually try to run 4-5 times a week. I've been slacking with that, since I've had so much other things to do, but it makes me feel so much better about myself and I actually eat less on days I run, so I figure it'll help me save money too. I found a great ~3 mile run that loops by the London Eye, up the Golden Jubilee Bridge, past Westminster and Big Ben, and back down the Lambeth bridge to bring me back home. It's perfect because they aren't any major streets and a lot of runners use the path, too. I've discovered that running on sidewalks here gets you some nasty looks, so I've had to be creative. I plan on hopefully heading to a park tomorrow to do my run, probably Hyde park, so that'll be great sightseeing while exercising :)

Anyways, I need to run to grab my laundry and then actually go on that run I was talking about earlier. Catch you on the flip siiiiiide! :)

Tinton Abbey! So beautiful! :)

makin friendzzz ;) 

Oh heyyyy Wisco!




No comments:

Post a Comment