Thursday, June 28, 2012

Food, glorious food.

Hey yo!

Today's post is all about food.
Historically speaking, London has never been known for their food, and my first week here I really learned why. Everything is fried and dipped and smothered in so much fat that grease drips from virtually everything you eat. The fish and chips are amazing, sure, but it's just fat fat fat fat fat. Same with the burgers, which are also kind of suspect because of that whole Mad Cow thing from back in the 90s. Yes, I know it's silly to still be concerned...but I am.
Anyways, upon attempting to eat a lot healthier this week, I have discovered a beautiful, amazing thing: the market. There are SO many fresh markets here! Fresh fruits, veggies, bakery, meats, even hot dishes and drinks to go. Candies, mixed nuts, fudge, you name it, it's going to be there. This afternoon Kayla, Michele, and myself wandered over to Borough Market over in Southwark to have a gander, and everything looked amazing! The three of us shared a spinach and ricotta empanada, a plate of amazing cheese, potatoes, and pickles, and some delicious vietnamese chicken curry. Also had sangria and a "summer spritzer," whatever that was. It was all so delicious!
...and in case you aren't hungry (I know it's coming up on lunch time, you wisconsinites) here are some pictures of the delectable delicacies!























indeed :)


Also, here is your daily picture of Peter: 



Hooray! Ta-ta for now :)

1 comment: